Braden is a typical 2 1/2yr old. Very stubborn and independent, but he is also sweet and loving. Here are some things that I have been meaning to write down about him:
- His two favorite songs are "Jesus Loves Me" and "Twinkle Twinkle". He tells me he wants to sing them by saying "Cheezus?" "Oinkle?". Soooo cute. After he gets done singing his songs he always says "Thank you, thank you!" like he just gave the performance of a lifetime. I am pretty sure he heard it on Sesame Street, but it is so darn funny.
- Every night we have a pretty standard bedtime routine that includes reading two books, we sing "Cheezus" and "Oinkle", and then he always asks to pray. After we pray I kiss him goodnight and he will ask to kiss me on the cheek. He then kisses me on one cheek and turns my head ever so gently to kiss the other. Must be the French in him.
- He is obsessed with anything and everything Toy Story (at least right now- Elmo and Mickey still hold a special place in his heart). It doesn't help that Toy Story 3 is going to be out soon and the stores are filled with reminders. He asks on a daily basis (usually several times a day) if he can watch "Buzz". For the longest time he wouldn't call Woody "Woody". He was simply "Hat".
- Other words that are pretty funny: milk-"ilk", snack- "ack", Grandma- "Gamma", I wont write what he calls a truck, but I am sure you can guess (kind of embarrassing actually), Poop- "pop" (this can be confusing because he does say pop for pop, too), any and all writing utensils are "colors", Casper (my mother-in-laws dog) is "Copper", and sheep are simply "baa". He refuses to say sheep- we've been working on it for months.
- Of course he has his 2 year old moments: screaming in the grocery store, not allowing us to help him with anything, and giant tantrums when he's over-tired.